Philanthropy for Green Ideas is an annual competition that seeks to support the development of local and sustainable small business ideas in the Western Balkans.
The pre-selection will be through in-country selection process. For more information on the national competition regulations and deadlines, contact ARNO in Macedonia, FAKT in Montenegro, FIQ in Kosovo, Partners Albania, and TRAG in Serbia.
The following criteria must be met in order the project idea to qualify for the competition:
- The project/idea is still in the early stages of development.
- The project/idea has an annual turnover of less than 10,000 euros.
- The project/idea relies primarily upon local resources, including by employing local people and utilizing traditional skills.
- It has a vision or action plan for environmental sustainability.
- It has a plan for economic viability and/or incremental growth.
- The idea/project has assessed the local market and is aware of its competitors and comparative advantages.
- The idea/plan supports the revitalization of traditional local economies and the connection of people to their communities.
- The idea is innovative and unique compared to other businesses and projects in the community.
- The project or idea has not received grants, donations, or any type of monetary support from local or central governments, foundations, private donors, or international development agencies.
- Citizens of Albania, Kosovo*, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Competitors may be individuals, civil society organizations, or small private companies.
More information about the competition and the deadlines for submission of project ideas are available at the following link: http://www.philanthropyforgreenideas.org/
For Macedonia: http://www.arno.org.mk/competition/
For Kosovo*: http://www.fiq-fci.org/sq/lajme/435
For Albania: http://partnersalbania.org/?fq=brenda&m=shfaqart&aid=230
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.